Sunday, March 6, 2016

Dinosaur Daze Technical Issue

On Friday, I was going to continue working on Dinosaur Daze, but something happened.  The Athena 16mm Motion Analysis Projector malfunctioned.  Adam Savje, my Stop-Motion 2 and Optical Printing professor was in charge of the projector.  It malfunctioned because there was something wrong with the internal functions, so he sent it to the Film Cage and it will be sent for repairs.  I asked him when was the last time it was tested and working well.  He said "Two months ago." 

I told him that if the projector gets fixed, I would skip a work day and make up for the skipped work day.  He agreed.

Yes folks.  Currently, I am working at MassArt's Tech Central department.  I am doing inventory and making an animated safety film for the department.   So here are some pictures of the supposed dynamation shots for this 16mm production. 






This projector is used to study motion and timing.  Scientists use it to study motion.  Coaches use it to help athletes improve their skills.  Filmmakers and animators use it not only for rotoscoping, but for combining live-action with stop-motion animation.  While regular projector burn the film when paused, this one doesn't and the film never burns up.  You can move a few frame forward or a few frames back.  It is a great projector (pity that it malfunctioned).

No comments:

Post a Comment