Tuesday, October 23, 2018

YouTube copyright strike! (No more music videos on YouTube.)

Ladies and gentlemen, it has come to my attention that I got another copyright strike from YouTube over my new music video, Look Out For Number One by Tommy Faragher.  I have given credit to the song, I have given credit to the clips featured there.  It seems that YouTube is having a thing with taking down your work, even thought you gave credit to it and convince them that you are not making money off of it.  This brings the burning question:  “Where’s The Fair Use?”
In all my work, I give credit to the songs and clips, well then, if YouTube wants to play this way, fine!
2006 - I had premiered my YouTube page with over 100 videos and 100 subscribers.
2012 - Taken down on February and brought back up in a new way in December.
2016 - Made a bunch of vlogs on the 2016 reboot of The Powerpuff Girls.  Nothing wrong here.  No clips from various sources, just a few recitations of the characters from the episode, and a few jokes and impersonations.  (If you want to know how they are taken down that is another story.)
2017 - My music video Monster by Pink Lady was taken down, so I wrote back to them saying that this music video was non-profit.  In other words, I am not making money off of it. I explained that on my claim, I followed the fair use laws and as a result they put it back which was a big hit in Japan with 1’192 views.
2018 - Tommy Faragher’s Look Out for Number One and I did the whole claiming again, and as a result UMG (the organization that owns the rights to the song), didn’t put it back.
That’s why there won’t be any music videos here.
I don’t want my channel to be taken down this year.  I got 70 subscribers and people loved my trailer reaction videos.  I present them in style. 
Please, subscribe to my channel, the more subscribers I get, the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment