Sunday, June 14, 2015

Boston Anime - Part 2: Matthew meets (the Stars of the Original) Godzilla! (Not Exactly)

After failing to meet my favorite stars on Friday, I decided to meet them on Saturday and boy what an awesome experience!  Before the movie, there was a questions and answers segment with Akira Takarada and Harou Nakijama, the original stars of GODZILLA (1954).

They talked about their thoughts on the original movie, the wonderful experience and their thoughts on the 2014 movie.  As a fan, it was amusing.


Now this was followed by the audience who wanted to ask questions to them.  I was ready!  I was going to ask a question to Mr. Takarada:  "What is it like working with American actors in the film KING KONG ESCAPES?"  I was going to ask Mr. Nakijama: "Is there a difference when you are playing Kong on KING KONG ESCAPES and Godzilla?  What is it like?"





However, when I came to ask, time was up.  As a result, this was followed by a screening of the original 1954 version of GODZILLA.  Uncut, undubbed, uncensored and unseen by American audiences.  This was the one by Rialto Pictures from 2004 (which I saw 11 years ago).
So here is a music video I made.


So that concluded it and tune in next time when I attend a lecture called: "Why your fan-base stinks."

No comments:

Post a Comment