Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Matthew Lamont Kongs out!

Yes! Finally I have seen Kong - Skull Island!  It is a great movie! It pays homage to the various films made over the years.  The RKO films, the Toho films and the Dino De Laurentiis films (specifically the 1976 remake).
Finally Kong has more screen time and the monsters in this movie are imaginative.  It was so good that I had my picture taken at the photo display at my local movie theater.  I Konged out in 2005 and I did it again in 2017.
Well, it is no Kongfrontation at Universal Studios Florida, I have photos me and my family at the photo booth where you are at Kong's hand and take a picture and you hear him roar as if he is trying to eat you up.  Apparently, they got destroyed and ended up in photo-collages (it is tough to be a monster movie buff in the 1990's).

Here are some pictures of some poster I found.  

As a Kong-fan, I enjoy this movie. If you didn't see this movie, then go watch it!  And if you saw it, well, then why aren't you watching it again?!  I am wildly excited about this movie and I enjoyed it and this was a box-office smash.  It is better than the 2014 version of Godzilla!  Better than Pixels!  Better than Looney Tunes Back in Action!  This movie is like Apocalypse Now meets Jurassic Park meets the 1976 King Kong remake.  This comes to show that monsters make money! Also, when you are watching it, stay tuned after the credits.   It will blow your mind.

Speaking of Kong, I am currently working on a commentary of Hail to the King - A King Named Kong and I am going to upload a nice film I made seven years before my senior thesis film.  From 2007, How King Kong met Godzilla - The Legend and The Legacy.  Stay tuned tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment